The Northern Budawang Range: Castle and Corang Peak Trail

The Northern Budawang Range: Castle and Corang Peak Trail is a 48.8 kilometer loop trail located near Braidwood, New South Wales, Australia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until February.

48.8 km
1,490 m

It was a good trail I would definitely do it again there where some challenging bits but overall the views made up for it the two campsites that we stayed at were good they were clean and the fire places already had some wood there for us to use and it wasn’t to cold which we were all great full for I would do it again if I could.

Tough walk but some of the most spectacular country you will find anywhere. I have bean walking in the budawangs since I was a kid. I never get sick of it. There are so many other walks and variations that are not listed on this app. Make sure you are experienced or are with experienced people when you head into this country. Otherwise just do Pigeonhouse.
Best time for wildflowers is late winter to mid spring. Birdwatching anytime. Snake spotting in warmer months. Avoid this walk in the hotter months. Despite what this app says January and Feb are the worst months to walk here. Best time April through to October long weekend.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

This is a tough 2 night minimum walk. Water for a full day must be carried on the walk in and out.
Wildflowers are amazing in the spring .
I would wait until 12 months after a fire to do this walk as the trail is very overgrown and badly needs repair. Wear leggings as there are plenty of snakes about.