The Grand Canyon Track

The Grand Canyon Track is a 5.8 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Blackheath, New South Wales, Australia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.8 km Elevation Gain: 311 m Route Type: Loop

It was a great walk. the ascent back up was very hard but the walk was worth the views and scenery.

Great track! Beautiful! With some effort it took us about 2 hours.

Great circuit hike. If you have knee issues I wouldnt recommend the hike, otherwise a superb medium grade walk

This is a fabulous hike, the scenery is stunning, however anyone with issues with steps beware there are quite a lot, we did it in reverse so that the stunning view was at the end as a reward, highly recommend ❤️

Amazing trail! It’s beautiful all along the way and very balanced between flat and steep areas. I highly recommend it!

Bloody beaut of a walk! Although a pox on the stairs out at the end. Walking distance from Blackheath station if you don’t have wheels. If you’re lucky you may be able to get the bus on the way back.

Beautiful canyon trek. Highly recommended.

It was an amazing day. We did the walk with our 2 sons (8 & 4). It was somewhat challenging, but rewarding when we made it to the end! If doing with families I would highly recommend starting at the Evan’s lookout end as our boys would not have coped with all those stairs at the end!!! I highly recommended this track!

Great trail with lots to see.

Great trail with some steep incline and decline sections. Be careful where the stairs are narrow and uneven! After some rain the track can get quite muddy, especially since it’s a popular track, and the stairs can also become very slippery but overall a fantastic trail with great views. Make sure to stop at Evans look out!

Beautiful place for enjoy your day with your friends

Breath taking track. Unfortunately need a car to access. One of my favourites.

Beautiful trail. Well trafficked and sign posted. Took us a little over 2 hours at a moderate pace with lots of photo stops.

Simply one of the best tracks.

challenging at times but my favourite track to date. would love to do it again.

one of the most beautiful trails

great hike. challenging and beautiful.

scenic track good challenging stairs

Fantastic scenery

One of the top walks in the mountains. The moderate difficulty makes it very accessible to many!

Magnificent view of the rainforest. Great panoramic view of the canyon at Evans lookout. With Tracy n Jester.

Hard going with all the stairs down, then all the stairs back up. Very beautiful in the middle

It was amazing. Multiple terrains with different views. Plenty of off trail opportunities (at your own risk). Quite intense if you do the track clockwise. Plenty of endless stairs. Overall, great experience, puts your stamina to the test.

Great walk lots of stairs

Stunning hike. Really varied terrain and scenery. Even a cave! I’ve lived in Australia my whole life and this was a real treat. Took us about three hours very gentle pace with lots of photo stops.

The Grand Canyon trail is really exciting with caves, cliffs, and great treks through a forest. We continued past Evans Lookout down the Cliff Walk which added a good amount more difficulty with all the elevation changes.

As if we were walking through Jurassic World.

Grand Canyon trek we did today was a 6 km trek and is by far the most beautiful trek of my life till date . Nature is so peaceful and beautiful - the birds chirping, rain drops, small waterfalls, dense forest, huge trees, abundance of fresh oxygen , the sound of clear water sliding through the stones, the rainbow that occurred in the forest everything just echos in my mind over and over and would love to be lost in the thoughts. Loved every minute spent in the forest. Would do it over and over again.

Did the track in foggy weather so you couldn't see the top lookouts but the rest was amazing! I definitely had a great hike despite the fog