Grand Canyon Track is a 5.8 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Blackheath, New South Wales, Australia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.8 km Elevation Gain: 311 m Route Type: Loop

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure (parking lot, bathrooms, some side trails and road leading up to picnic area) due to COVID-19. Waterfalls, ferns, and amazing views define the popular Grand Canyon Track. This is a challenging but short hike through lush vegetation that takes you along a series of ledges that make up this World Heritage listed landscape.

One of my favourite hikes to date. It is stunning and has a bit of everything. Not too difficult can be done as a family. Slow down and take in the magic around you.

Awesome trail, great views, perfect level of difficulty. Highly recommended!

One of our all time fav hikes, fresh air and amazing ambient sounds. Highly recommend it. Great for any season, summer or winter as the canyon appears to have its own eco system and temperature is usually stable. just avoid heavy rains, and always refer NSW National parks site for updates/warnings. Have fun!

As at 1 Jun. This was a great walk. One of the few that are still open in the area. Steep climb down and up out of the canyon (gets the heart pumping but achievable) but beautiful walk tracking the river. A few off-shoots closed (Rodriguez Pass & Horse Track) but the main Grand Canyon loop still open. Lots of parking around the picnic area SW of Evans Lookout Road (road from picnic area to the lookout closed) and around the other point where the track defends into the canyon to the SW (600m from picnic area).

Loved! So many stairs but the canyon was so worth it!

I really loved it! We really appreciated stunning views: Mountains, waterfall, rocks. Lots of stairs some o them a bit slippery, but save. We did the loop in around 1.5h so it was a really good exercise! :)

Amazing trail, highly recommend.

The walk was difficult at time with the steep stairs, well especially for an unfit person like me weighing 150kg. But I stuck to my guns and witnessed some great stream and mini waterfalls. Absolutely loved the walk and scenery. It pushed me to my limits but I did it.

My favourite ever mountain trail, it’s serene. Recommend to go on a week day to avoid crowds

The most beautiful trail I’ve ever been on. Lots of stepping stones that crisscross over the canyon floor. Would definitely do this again. Highly recommend. Evans lookout is amazing

One of the best hikes I have done! Amazing views of sandstone cliffs, waterfalls & rainforest. Beautiful greenery definitely a Must Do for all you outdoor lovers

My favourite walk! Highly recommend

Amazing - great hike that kids will love as there are so many things to see (waterfalls, a cave you need to walk through, jumping stones over rivers, etc).

Super randonnée

I did this walk when it was supposed to be 43 degrees in Sydney’s west. Here it was only around 28. Perfect escape with lots of gorgeous waterfalls and brooks. So cool within the canyon. This is definitely step-ville, loads of steps, but they’re in great condition and well maintained. Lots of flat areas too. A great challenge and gorgeous.

Lots of steps..but amazing

I hope you like stairs. Lots of stairs. I rate this trail five gold stairs.

Beautiful trail leading down into the beautiful canyon. Lots of steps / very well marked. Occasional signs of the recent bushfires. Pretty waterfalls. Best done around midday to facilitate sunlight in the canyon

Beautiful track with waterfalls and creeks. However, there are so many stairs and very steep. Challenging and loved it!!!

Grand Canyon should be called the Grand Staircase. Beautiful trail with great views and well marked! We started early and could do it again. After all the rain we had i had the fear that the trail would be uncomfortable to hike but it was really pleasant. Definitely recommend this for moderate hikers. Not technical but sure is enduring... Its about 4km stairs with 1km of canyon. But would do it again!!!

this trail is spectacular , we ended up doing 9km with a group , really beautiful and like something out of the Jurassic period perhaps ? Lots of stairs and graded as a 3 , even our guide reckons it is a 4 . Not for anyone with any health issues or pain . Bushfires were burning around 15 kms away . thus the smoky pics .

Absolutely beautiful! I did this trail at sunrise, and only saw one other person. Yes there are a lot of stairs, but it's quiet worth it. What a beautiful lush area in the middle!

fabulous