Spit Bridge to Manly Walk is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Sydney, New South Wales, Australia that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.9 miles Elevation Gain: 682 feet Route Type: Point to Point

beach

partially paved

This route can be done in either direction, but most people go from Spit Bridge to Manly. The trail can get a bit dusty in summer, and doesn’t offer much shade so wear plenty of sunscreen! Feeling energetic? You can continue through Little Manly to Collins Beach and then up to North Head. If you’re taking public transportation, you can bus to Spit Bridge and then ferry or bus back from Manly.

8 minutes ago

Beautiful inner sydney walk with views of Sydney iconic buildings. Awesome aboriginal history in rock carvings. Quite a busy track on weekends.

Iconic Sydney walk that winds around beaches and bays along stunning Sydney harbour. Great one for visitors to show them a taste of native Australian bushland along with the lifestyle of Sydneysiders. I agree it is better to finish at Manly where there is usually lots going on (but not at the moment due to Covid closures!). In summer I like to have a swim at Reef beach, but note there's still about an hour walk from there to Manly. On the headland it is quite exposed to the sun.

it's a great walk, although I ventured off the track for a swim at washaway beach. I had to jump off a rock of near 2 metres, so found it tricky to get back. I went south toward grotto point along the shore, hoping to reach the lighthouse and the track again. my phone GPS showed I was close, but it looked way to gnarly to continue (steep rocks, boulders, sea wash) so being unable to climb the rock I jumped down I ventured north, expecting another path. I was wrong, the bushland was thick and 60 degree steep. I came through after half an hr, full of scratches and dented pride. The easy walk turned out to be quite an adventure. there must be an easier way as there were near 10 people there. I'm looking forward to the next time, where I'm determined to get up the rock I jumped down from. 2 people can help one another out, but 1 is a little tricky. be careful in that section! happy trails ;)

Awesome walk - one of my favourites - we’ve done the walk at least 20 times - on one walk we found a friendly water dragon trying to attract our attention- came right up to us for a piece of apple - first time I’ve ever seen one interact like that.

Make sure you do this from the Spit to Manly, it's a long slog in reverse! Gets pretty dusty in summer and is often in full sunlight, wear plenty of sunscreen! Great walkway, nice and clear. Now part of the Bondi to Manly walk

Great trail. Good climb up but then you get to come back down. Nice views. Lots of wildlife.

Seila, Miri

Highly recommended. Wonderful views and varied environment. Busy on the fine weathered weekends. Feeling energetic? You can continue through Little Manly to Collins Beach and then up to North Head. Bus to Spit Bridge and ferry or bus back from Manly.

Lots of great views in the distance and close up in the form of plants. Well worth the effort.

one of the best hiking trail in NSW.

Pretty light walk but very rewarding.

Really great walk - doesn't have the visual impact of Coogee to Bondi, but more of a varied walk - some beach, bush, grassland. Relatively easy, but does go for a bit longer than you expect - there s a part that feels like its the end but there's a couple more km to walk. I did it in March with a brisk nor' wester whistling in through the heads and got quite chilly in parts - but sheltered in other parts. Great walk!

I have done this walk many times. Beautiful views, some good cardio sections (stairs). Got to be careful of the variable surfaces.

Amazing walk

Mon May 06 2019

Perfect fall day, blue skies...

Sat May 04 2019

Beautiful everytime. Storm fronts coming through today were amazing.

Sun Apr 21 2019

amazing scenic views. love this walk.

Sun Apr 14 2019

lots of shade and stairs.. a good one for all seasons.

Mon Apr 08 2019

Beautiful course with a sea view but need go through general road

Mon Apr 01 2019

Very nice walk. It takes about 3 hours and you can see very nice views. Also, there are many beaches where you can stop by for a swim

Wed Mar 27 2019

Wonderful little trail with bus access at either end making it super convenient to get to from the city. Took us about 3 hours total, but we stopped at every overlook and each beach. There are 3-4 super private hideaway beaches on the trail, will definitely be going back to those. Also saw some bush turkeys and an echidna - great inner city trail!

Sun Feb 24 2019

Wonderful hike suitable for almost all fitness levels. Lots of stairs, lots of shade, and many small beaches to stop and enjoy along the way. Bring a picnic, a change of clothes, and your suit. I took the ferry from Circular Quay to Manly, a ten minute bus ride from Manly to Spit Bridge, then walked back to Manly. Don’t miss it when you’re visiting Sydney.

Sat Feb 16 2019

Great trail but has heaps of stairs. Will definitely do it again. I started in Spit and walked to Manly.

Sat Feb 16 2019

This one is a longer trail but I thoroughly enjoyed it ☺️

Wed Feb 13 2019

Amazing views of north head, manly, & the harbour. Perfect for all levels of fitness.

Sat Feb 02 2019

Took the advice of others and hiked from Spit to Manly. It was a lovely and fairly easy walk with beautiful Harbour views. The only downside was that the trail was very busy, likely due to the January holidays.

Wed Dec 26 2018

Coastal terrain with a twist