Mount Warning Summit Track

Mount Warning Summit Track is a 8.7 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Murwillumbah, New South Wales, Australia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 8.7 km Elevation Gain: 609 m Route Type: Out & Back

1 word - excellent :)

Solid moderate. Stairs from beginning to end the scramble with chain at top. Reallly good views for the last hour or so.

I would say this hike is a solid "moderate" for the casual hiker, and "challenging to hard" for the casual bush walker. There is a relentless stair case right from the beginning to almost the summit, where the last few hundred meters is almost vertical rock climbing assisted with a chain. Beautiful rainforest all the way up, and gets quite cold near the top.

Best hike I have done

a tough finish (chain assisted) great views

This is a great walk I’ve done it more times than I can count. Some beautiful areas along the way with great views at the top. You have to scramble a bit with a chain to get to the summit, but it’s very doable and nothing to worry about. Lots of stairs at the start, and I would say that is the hardest part of the whole hike.

Done it 5 times over the past 15 years while I am up that way! Well worth it, I love that part of the country Last time up there around 5 years ago, we stayed not far away I’m a bed and breakfast, great value, great stay

My partner and I did this hike a few weeks ago and loved it! We hike regularly so keep up a good pace and it took us about 3 hours round trip including a 10-15min stop at the stop. Highly recommend.

done the track with my partner. we left at 3:30am and took it easy with plenty of stops to look at the glow worms and even found some glow in the dark mushrooms. made it to the top at 5:30am but unfortunately the sunrise was hidden by clouds. that's okay though we had our jetboil with us so we made some tea and chilled at the top for an hour. the rain was lovely while hiking through the rain forest. dont let the rain turn you away from the hike it's the best time to do it.

Great trail, hour and half walk the sunrise was a great reward

Great hike a few months ago. would love to do the hike again to see the sunrise...

Good going up, gets interesting towards the final 400m where you need to scramble up rocks. Get it done early as it gets busy after sunrise.

This was my first climb up Mount Warning. I started before dawn and stupidly forgot a torch. But the light from my phone was just enough for the first 1/2 hour before first light. Stunning orange glows. The track is not smooth so watching each step most of the way was needed. The views. The views. Misty valley belong. The final ascent was for me, quite challenging. It was cool at the top and unfortunately the clouds had closed in so the view was on the platform only. The point for me was to get to the top. It took this 56 year young bloke 2 hours up.

The view was spectacular.. A great hike, took us about 4 1/2 hrs... Will definatley do it again.... Well worth it...

Despite the promising weather forecast it rained most of the time I was doing this hike. Excellent upward gradient for fitness, can be quite slippery. Ran into a small black snake on the track which was a bit startling. The scramble on the way down became a torrent of water with the heavy rain but use the chains abseil style and you’ll be okay

This is a great walk took us 2 1/2 up and 2 back did it for my 62 birthday

A definite must-do if you're around the area! The sunrise at the end is always worth the scramble in the dark. Bring a flashlight and jacket because it can get cold up the top! Views are still amazing during the day.

Saw some glossy black cockatoos and carpet pythons on the way. Very popular and a lot of people on the track.

great app loved it

Beautiful mountain, 8.8 km return, allow extra time when wet as can be slippery in places. Climbed this peak countless times and guided hundreds of school kids to the summit. Avoid the trail on weekends as always very busy.