The park, which consists of 117 acres, first opened as a small picnic and swimming area in 1953. The area is known for its past slate quarrying operations, with remains of slate mills, quarries, and rubble piles still visible. The park itself was once a children's summer camp and farmland. The campground contains 50 tent/trailer sites and 11 lean-to sites. Grassy open areas, wooded sites and lake access make this camping area very popular. Flush toilets, hot showers ($), and a dump station are provided. The park has well-developed picnic, play, and swimming areas. There is a snack bar concession with canoes, kayaks, rowboats and pedal boat rentals. Boating and fishing are popular on the lake.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!