nature trips

views

1 month ago

Great hike. The entire trail is snow covered right now for the first few miles, and the first part of this hike is steep, so I used my Yaktrax for the first time and had no trouble at all. It was obvious how to go based on the packed pathway through the snow. The flat part through the narrow valley was pretty cold right now. After about two miles there is a short uphill section to a ridge, and you have a couple of choices. It looks like if you go straight you will descend down to the Moab Rim 4X4 trail, but I went right and ended up walking for .5 miles on a snow free and much warmer path below a red rock cliff. I think that eventually descends down to the 4X4 trail as well. I will have to try this again in the spring when there is no snow and I can look for the petroglyphs.

2 months ago

Nice short trail. We climbed up to wall to the edge and walked around to the natural amphitheater and it was beautiful.

Super easy hike.

In response to an earlier review: The only time there would be a waterfall is after/during a good rain.

3 months ago

Steep switchbacks to the valley, then smooth sailing. The trail is also a petroglyph jackpot!

Nice hike in a small canyon. Dry time of year so we missed any chance of seeing the waterfall.

on Hidden Valley Trail

3 months ago

Gorgeous hike! The trail begins with a steep climb and some rock scrambling. Once you Emeterio The Valley it is flat. If you take the trail to see the petroglyphs you will have another climb.

First time hiking in the desert, and we made some pretty stupid mistakes; not checking the length of the trail, not bringing enough water etc. Ended up in a bad situation, but that's far from the trails fault! Really cool views and rock formations. Once you get out of the canyon and circle around the arch, there isn't much to look at. I would love to tackle this one again when better prepared.

camping
6 months ago

Some friends and I were actually there in Sept 2015. We camped at one of the sites along the trail. Very beautiful and quiet. Nice short trail, clean sites. Had to watch for poison ivy though, it was rather abundant in some places. All in all, I would love to go back. Would definitely recommend if you're in the area

Holy mosquitoes. We only made it out of the car for 5 mins and we were covered with bug bites. We never made it.

Tough at first then easy. Don't let talk of shade fool you unless you go late afternoon. We yikes about 130 full sun 106 degrees

Too many mosquitos and be careful of poison ivy

Very buggy at the end and didn't want to swim in the stagnant waters but a lovely hike thru the canyon worth it if you have an extra 20 minutes in Moab!

We loved this hike! The petroglyphs were so cool.

Wanted to warn future hikers that the end of the trail near the pond is teaming with poison ivy.

8 months ago

I love this trail! The hike was soooo hot but well worth the journey to the petroglyphs. Bring lots of water and good company this time of year (June).

8 months ago

Don't forget those petroglyphs!

Great trail !

8 months ago

Lightly trafficked, breathtakingly gorgeous.

Wonderful weather yesterday, saw a squirrel!

9 months ago

Lovely views. Very pleasant trail once you get over the incline.

Load More