hiking
Saturday, August 30, 2014

Fort Lancaster was used to protect wagon traffic on the San Antonio - El Paso road in the 1850's to about 1870. It was built near the east bank of the Pecos River. The trail is really a gravel path going by the ruins of the buildings of the fort. None of the old buildings appear to have had any restoration done. Great for history buffs!