walking

lake

wildlife

dogs on leash

kid friendly

birding

wild flowers

Long Hunter State Park is situated along the shore of J. Percy Priest Lake. It consists of four units: Couchville, Baker's Grove, Bryant Grove and Sellars Farm. Picnicking, swimming, hiking, backpacking, boating, fishing, nature photography and wildlife observation are among the activities available to park visitors. Planned activities include interpretive and recreation programs for the general public and environmental education programs for school and other interested groups.

walking
18 hours ago

very nice walk. peaceful and quiet. Will be back soon

1 day ago

Well paved. Easy for beginners. Saw deer every time. Not much hiking but still a very nice place.

trail running
4 days ago

Actually this is the Day Loop trail and it's a nice short loop. Some fairly technical sections to keep things interesting for those trying to get a quick run in. If you want to tack on some additional miles you can split off and take the Volunteer Trail out and back then continue.
Note: Limited parking will fill up quick on nice weekends, especially if people are camping. One porta-john but no water available.

on Jones Mill

11 days ago

really beautiful trail. lots of wild flowers and lizards. I think it's used more for biking than hiking, but the bikers were very courteous. I believe they just added on to the trail and it isn't marked very well and all and can be pretty confusing after a certain point. Once that is sorted it will get a 5star from me for sure.

21 days ago

Great trail with beautiful views. It would have been helpful to have a couple trash cans on the path, there was a bit of litter.

took 2 hours. it was mostly flat but got pretty tight in the back of the day loop. great for dogs and small kids

on Volunteer Trail

1 month ago

A nice quiet hike once you clear the cove where the boats hang out. Most of the trail is well covered with foilage and fairly clear until you get to the last mile or so where the trail goes through some taller grass. Tick repellent is definitely recommended.

Nice hike. Went early before it got to hot. Haven’t done this trail in 20 year. Nice sights.

I really liked this trail! I took my lady out to hike with me and she did very well! It’s great for dogs and I think kids would do really well on it too under good supervision.

Now if you want super excitement maybe this trail isn’t for you, but nonetheless it is a really good trail.

I feel like there’s a lot of potential on this trail to relax and lose yourself for a while. We got here at 7 and only really encountered a few people towards the end. The scenery changes constantly and it’s just beautiful. Once you make it to the top water side there are a ton of rocks to hang out on. Be careful though!

It was pretty wet as some parts were muddy puddles, so it holds its water.

I’d say it’s a running trail but some areas are tricky. Lady and I ran the last mile or so and I ate dirt once :)

Great help hike
Ez and enjoyable with the kids

1 month ago

This trail was so pretty! Especially during the golden hour. Would definitely recommend it for a nice, easy day hike.

mountain biking
1 month ago

First off, this is a single track mountain bike trail. Primary usage is mountain biking and not hiking. Prepare to move out of the way if you are hiking.

Good trail. It can get overgrown some and leave with some slappers. I like the multiple paths you can follow. Good mix of roots and rocks and neither.

Definitely a do again,dog friendly is a plus too

1 month ago

Nice easy hike. Took our 4month old puppy for her first hike here. Pretty heavily traveled , lots of dogs, nice views, shaded.

Good little trail. The wild flowers were in full force. Also sense little muddy in places but should be drying up. Nice little creek running through.

nature trips
2 months ago

Nice easy walk with a great view

Well paved and easy for beginners

Easy dirt trail. Lots of mayapple popping up. Close to a picnic area and great view of the lake. They had educational signs posted on different trees where you could scan a QR code and listen to a recording and learn about that specific tree's qualities and benefit for the area.
Also....what Jeff said.

This is a nice 2 plus mile trail. When My kids were little, my wife and I would push them in the stroller. Now we go out there to enjoy the nature and get a light but rigorous walk. It is also o good place to break in hiking shoes unit you are ready to do more difficult trails. the wildlife is beautiful as you will see birds, deer, wild turkey, and other critters. Its great not having to deal with dogs on the trail (and this is coming from a dog lover) when you are trying to walk fast.

2 months ago

In Rutherford county. Wish there was a little more shade but other than than,

Wonderful!

2 months ago

As a Mt. Juliet resident, my dog and I frequent this trail--we usually complete the 4.4 mile "day loop" portion. I would rank this trail "easy" over "moderate" for sure--there isn't a whole lot of elevation gain, and when there is it isn't for very long. The trail is well marked and well maintained, though it does get washed out a bit after heavy rain. I would highly recommend doing this one on a winter day (especially if it snows!) or during some light rain--it's really the only time you'll get any solitude. It's pretty crowded on most weekends if the weather is nice, and the parking lot will fill up by 9am in the summer. My older dog absolutely loves this trail--it's easy enough for him and the perfect length. Overall, I would definitely recommend if you're looking for an easy woodsy stroll close to town with some bonus lake views.

Easy and good for short morning or afternoon hike.

3 months ago

Awesome trail for being less than 15 mins from Nashville. Lot of terrain change...pine/oak/cedar/exposed sandstone. Very cool. Saw a lot of wildlife...squirrels, ducks, rabbit, 2 loons and a huge owl! Very well marked and traveled.

3 months ago

Great hike, found a trail that brought us down to the lake! Beautiful!

Paved trail. we love this one! no pets allowed.

Fun, interactive trail for the younger kids.

trail running
3 months ago

Short but fun. A few rocky sections to challenge your stride. Well marked. I’d do it again!!

Load More