dogs on leash

trail running

walking

kid friendly

mountain biking

forest

1 month ago

This was my first Hike in the park. It was beautiful! I am not in outstanding physical condition and I needed to stop and rest several times on my way to the summit but so worth it! The trail is rocky and snow covered in winter I recommend using Yak trax .

4 months ago

5 months ago

Love the entrance of the trailhead with the bridge and a creek running. Mostly shaded area.

trail running
6 months ago

Fantastic trail. Enough said.

With all the recent wood chipping it smells wonderful!!! This trail is a little steeper than 1906 but is more direct and will get you to the top faster. I suggest going up Powerline and down 1906 for a nice loop.

6 months ago

Great trail to get to the top of Mt Helena and see views in all directions. Lots of tree thinning makes it feel like a park and the trail is wide and in great shape

What a great trail with beautiful views!

Great view of Helena at the top!

8 months ago

Awesome views

Trail is not clearly marked

It's a good loop.

8 months ago

Intense.

8 months ago

This was a great day hike, and the view from the top is unbelievable. Big sky country here for sure.

9 months ago

A local treasure. Soaring views with lots of interesting terrain. Great day for hiking or mountain biking. Shuttle on Saturday mornings to trailhead.

nice trail!

10 months ago

Hiked​ the ridge through from the Prospector Rd trailhead to Adams St. The views on the
ascent to the south are spectacular with mountains and trees galore. As soon as you round the mountain, your view north includes Helena, the rest of Mt Helena, and the rest of this basin we call home.

Fewer hikers and greater chance of seeing wildlife have brought me back to the Prospector side of the mountain numerous times. I'll gladly risk the bears to enjoy the solitude.

Easy, nice views of Helena valley.

11 months ago

The 1906 is a fairly easy trail. For more of a challenge and for the better in shape, go straight up Powerline and take Prairie Trail or go higher and come down the 1906 back to the trailhead/parking lot. Need ice trekkers in Feb as the snow turns to ice. The varying terrain keeps it interesting.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Excellent views of Helena.

Load More