On March 25, 1634, the first English settlers under the Baltimore proprietorship sailed to St. Clement's Island on the Ark and the Dove (the Maryland Dove is seen to the right). The 40 acre park contains a memorial cross dedicated to the memory of the first Marylanders. Accessible only by boat. Boat tours to historic St. Clement's Island are offered on a weekend schedule by the Potomac River Museum. The 26 passenger vessel, The Water Taxi II, is fully insured and a certified tour boat by the U.S. Coast Guard.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!