Located within sight of St. Louis Gateway Arch, Frank Holten is an urban site almost entirely surrounded by East St. Louis. The 1,080-acre park features an 18-hole golf course and facilities for fishing, picnicking, and other outdoor recreational activities. The park was established in 1964 and named Grand Marais. On May 1, 1967, the name was changed to Frank Holten, in honor of the late distinguished legislator from East St. Louis. First elected in 1916, Holten served 48 years in the Illinois General Assembly. He died in December, 1966 at the age of 98.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!