dogs on leash
Hiked 3/5/17 would have rated this 2.5 (average)
- only about 300 yards of trail with snow
- sunny and slightly breezy up at the top.
- highly trafficked including fair amount of cyclists
- had to park 1/4 mile away from actual lot
What to expect::::
- trail is very rocky and in parts very worn out by tire tracks
- 3 miles of good incline until it flattens out near the castle ruins
- okay views of the Rockies, it was mostly views of the eastern plans and small foothills
- trail is pretty sparse of vegetation
- not a secluded hike, a lot of people especially on weekends
This trail was a good hike but definitely if you can't resort to driving farther to other hiking spots this was just average. Seems like a better spot for mt biking or trail running. This hike is not worth the proximity to Denver if you are looking for great views of the Rockies, forested trails, or being secluded.
P.S - If you just want to see the castle just park in the upper lot
Karen S. on Mount Falcon Park Upper Loop
Great hike, on Meadow trail was a lot of snow. Jefferson County has a lot of great trails. We added in Two Dog trail very steep but nice view.
Hikes here right after snowfall just in snow boots. Totally manageable. We accidentally missed the tower trail and ended up doing the parmalee loop instead and then going back by meadow trail. It was still absolutely gorgeous even though we didn't get to see the tower. Will make sure to do that next time.