Amelisweerd Walk est un sentier de point à point de 14.2 kilomètres situé près de Utrecht, Utrecht en Pays-Bas. Le sentier longe un lac et sa difficulté est évaluée comme facile. Le sentier est principalement utilisé pour la randonnée et la marche.

Distance: 14.2 km Dénivelé: 121 m Type d'itinéraire: Point A à point B

randonnée

balade

forêt

lac

voie partiellement aménagée

rivière

vue panoramique

fleurs sauvages

faune

site historique

Over the years, NS walking tours have been added, but also (silently) disappeared. A regularity that was not always enforced by the asphalting of the landscape. The discarded walks are often still easy to walk. There is an adjustment in this route so that there are no more obstacles. The landscape of Amelisweerd is a patchwork of groves, forests, meadows and orchards, intersected by ditches, straight avenues and winding paths. The forests were planted in the 17th and 18th centuries. A large part of the land was leased to farmers. They built their farms on the higher grounds and used the lower and therefore wetter grounds as meadows. Where the water now ripples along the high quay walls in the Oude Gracht, a river, a branch of the Rhine, flowed long ago. At the time, the banks were protected by piling on poles. When in the 13th and 14th centuries the water level fell due to reclamation outside the city, new banks were created within this embankment due to silting up. In addition, sturdy quays were built, which offered the possibility of unloading ships. The cellars were extended to these yards from the canal houses. This created extra storage space near the unloading points. The old unloading quays with their wharf cellars are now pleasant, almost nationwide pieces of Utrecht. The name 'towpath' still reminds of the time of the tow barges. These were pulled by a horse or a man due to a lack of wind. The man who had to make sure that the horse kept walking along the path was called the 'hunter'. Far before that time, the Kromme Rijn was a wild, unpredictable stream that was more than 60 meters wide. The Rhine was dammed off at Wijk bij Duurstede in the 12th century. From that time on, the Rhine water is fed to the sea via the Lek. The name Amelisweerd comes from knight Amelis, who was loaned to the innkeeper at Bunnik in the early 13th century by the Proosdij van Oud Munster. A host or weather is an island in a river or a piece of land that flooded at high tide. Then the knight called himself Amelius uten Weerde, which later became Amelisweerd. The manor Oud Amelisweerd dates from 1770. The castle, together with New Amelisweerd, gained a certain fame when it was purchased in 1808 by King Louis Napoleon. Plans were made to design the whole, together with a new palace to be built, as a royal residence. It did not come that far and in 1810 the estates became Dutch property again. Nowadays, a visitor center has been set up in the coach house of Oud Amelisweerd.

randonnée
1 month ago