Stadswandeling Venlo est un sentier en boucle de 3.9 kilomètres modérément fréquenté situé près de Venlo, Province de Limbourg en Pays-Bas. Le sentier longe une rivière et sa difficulté est évaluée comme facile. Le sentier est principalement utilisé pour la marche.

Distance: 3.9 km Dénivelé: 49 m Type d'itinéraire: Boucle

balade

voie aménagée

rivière

vue panoramique

parcours urbain

site historique

Legend has it that Valuas, chief of the Bructeren, and his wife Guntrud founded the city in 96 AD. Trading on the Meuse in the Middle Ages gave rise to a fortress with Cloth Hall, which was granted city rights in 1343 by Reinoud II van Gelre and became a member of the Hanseatic League in 1481. Venlo Station Stationsplein Striking structure by Koen van der Gaast (1958). It is a typical reconstruction station, notable features are the large canopy and the station tower that was common at the time. 2 Petrol station Keulsepoort In the summer of 1933, The American Petroleum Company built a so-called Service Station at the Keulsepoort in Venlo, designed by the Technical Services Department of this company. That was the then common name for what would later be called a gas station. As construction progressed, more and more eyebrows were frowned. It was namely a modern building for that time. Even a bit daring and the atmosphere breathable of gas stations in American road movies. A textbook example of Nieuwe Bouwen from the period between the two world wars. Before 1940, the participants in the famous Monte Carlo rally made a stopover here. An event that got the whole of Venlo going. The oldest existing gas station in the Netherlands is now integrated into the new building of the Limburgs Museum. Post office Venlo Keulsepoort, The post office was designed by the Government Architect Hajo Hoekstra in 1938 in the Amsterdam School style, with sculptures by Carles Vos. On the side there are white natural stone facing bricks with images of Goltzius, Mercator and Puteanus. The building was completed in 1941. A model of this post office is in Madurodam, Dominicanenkerk Keizerstraat The chapel of the Mariaweyde monastery of the Augustinian sisters from 1416 is part of the Dominican monastery that was built after the war. J. Kayser, city architect, then designed the stairwell and two side aisles. Medieval murals were discovered during this building of the church. The entrance was renovated in the 18th century, 1785 on the keystone. The fence in Keizerstraat, designed by the Venlo-based artist Ger Janssen, contains all kinds of strange statuettes, these are 32 person types from the dialect of Venlo: the addict is a stingy, magnifier a cheeky, baggy person who leaves a lot of wind and prints is a jumble. 5 Romerhuis Kwartelenmarkt 1 The Romerhuis is a well-preserved house with a late Gothic style shop from around 1521. It is made of brick with a stepped gable and small decorative turrets; the only exception are a few cornerstones on the ground floor and the door frame. It was restored in old style in 1938 and recovered from the war damage in 1950. Named after the founders, it has been owned by the Hendrick de Keyser Association since 1927. The name "Romerhuis" is reminiscent of the Venlo magistrate family from the seventeenth century. 6 The city hall of Venlo is a detached city hall in Renaissance style. The first maps of Venlo show a church-like building (residential tower with knight's hall?), Which belonged to knight Gerart van Boicholt, who sold it to the city shortly after Venlo received city rights 1343. The aldermen of Venlo met after Venlo city rights namely, first at the aldermen's house. There is a suspicion that Van Boicholt did not want to sell his house. The house next to Van Boicholt was then furnished as a leper house. Extremely strange, because it was known at the time that it was an extremely contagious disease and so such houses were moved far beyond the city walls. There is a suspicion that at the time the municipal authorities had an angry intention of driving Gerart out of his house in this way. After Gerart sold his house, the leper house was moved outside the city walls. The "stone house" was mentioned for the first time in 1374. The noble gentlemen who had rights here were after all largely bought out by the Duke of Gelre and left the city. It has been in use for 250 years, until prosperity and peace allowed it to found a more modern building. Using existing parts, a stately Renaissance building was designed by architect Willem van Bommel from Emmerich. The building was now free. It was built between 1597 and 1601 (wall anchors at the front with 1598). Two uneven corner towers connect to the façade. The stairs and the landing are an addition from 1609. The canopy was installed in 1735. A drawing by Jan de Beijer from 1741 shows it in full glory with plaster in block form. In an old photograph from 1880 this plaster layer turned out to be one whole and restoration was also necessary. A difference of opinion between the municipal architect Johannes Kayser and government advisor PJH Cuypers resulted in a compromise building. This has been undone.

Personne n'a encore laissé d'avis sur cette randonnée. Soyez le premier !