Academie Wandeling est un sentier en boucle de 4.3 kilomètres situé près de Franeker, Frise en Pays-Bas. Le sentier longe une rivière et sa difficulté est évaluée comme facile. Le sentier est principalement utilisé pour la marche.

Distance: 4.3 km Dénivelé: 12 m Type d'itinéraire: Boucle

balade

voie aménagée

rivière

vue panoramique

fleurs sauvages

faune

site historique

Barathon

In 2011, it was two hundred years ago that the University of Franeker was closed by order of Napoleon. That is why Museum Martena decided to focus on the history of Franeker University in an exhibition called: Academia van Vrieslant. Student life in Franeker was discussed in the museum, and all of the professor's portraits were all on display for the first time in centuries. But the center of Franeker is particularly beautiful and it houses the Planetarium of Eise Eisinga. So a visit to Franeker is more than worth it. Franeker is old. Probably around 800 Franeker originated as a Carolingian castellum. The name is said to come from "Froon-acker", or "land of the lord / king". The oldest street in the city is still called Froonacker. From the 11th century to the 16th century, Franeker developed into the administrative center of northern Westergo. In the 15th century, Duke Albrecht of Saxony settled in Franeker and was granted city rights. The town seemed to develop into the capital of Friesland, but eventually it was overrun by Leeuwarden. Until about 1850, apart from some very old country roads, only the dikes were suitable for riding. To get from one village to the other, people often had to make big detours. Franeker only had roads paved with rubble to Leeuwarden, Harlingen and Sneek. The development of this area began in 1842 when the highway from Leeuwarden via Franeker to Harlingen was completed. In 1933 Franeker got a direct road connection with Noord-Holland via the Afsluitdijk. Until the twentieth century, however, water transport was by far the most important. After 1507, when the canal was dug from Leeuwarden to Harlingen, the network of waterways around Franeker was no longer extensive. The new Van Harinxma canal was not completed until 1951. The Harlingen - Leeuwarden railway line was laid in 1863. Franeker got a train station.

Personne n'a encore laissé d'avis sur cette randonnée. Soyez le premier !