Explore the best trails near Canyondam with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you.
An absolute gem for families, casual bikers and even wheelchairs. This is a user-maintained, paved trail through the forest along the west shore of Lake Almanor. A few climbs and descents but nothing severe. The surface may be littered with winter debris before volunteers clear the 10 mile trail in the late spring, usually before Memorial Day. Thereafter it's smooth sailing until the snow flies, at which point the route becomes a cross-country ski trail. Limited parking available at the following locations (WGS84):
- North trailhead ... N 40 13.67', W 121 12.45'
- Almanor Campground (boat ramp parking) ... N 40 13.29', W 121 10.71'
- Dyer View ... N 40 12.17', W 121 08.18'
- Rocky Point Campground area ... N 40 11.70', W 121 07.03'
- South trailhead (boat ramp & picnic grounds) ... N 40 10.75', W 121 05.71'