Vedauwoo Trail

Vedauwoo Trail is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Laramie, WY that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

rock climbing

Very nice hike among some very interesting rock formations.

We took our dogs (one medium and one large) and they were naturals at rock climbing. So great to have a scenic forest near Cheyenne. The trails were well maintained and weren't too crowded. This was my 2nd time; I would go again to get my hiking fix!

We did some off road camping over the 4th of July weekend. (We have a sweet spot that we go to). So much to do at this great location. Short but fun and easy hiking trail. We did Turtle Rock Trail this time around and then spent the rest of the afternoon bouldering. If you're a climber I'm sure you've heard of this place. There were SO many climbers. Areas for mountain biking too! Didn't see any moose this time, but a couple summers ago we saw a family of three. My husband and I really enjoy going here!

rock climbing

Rock Climbing Paradise....did some bouldering myself. The Nautilus is great.

We enjoyed this hike. It was short but pretty.

I took my son out for a day in the hills. Bittoowu is a great place for younger kids and easy
going adventure. The main formation is smooth granite and not easily free climbed, however gear is nearby in Laramie if you need it, along with climb guide books. Entering Vedauwoo is simple and camping is free depending on where you park. Hiking around the area will also take you into Happy Jack which has a few small beaver ponds and climbing that is kid friendly. Topping any of the formations will get you great views of the surrounding plains in the north and east and the Snowy Range in the west. In late spring and early summer the temp is mild, with winds ranging from 10 to 70+ mph especially in the early morning.

Nice rock formations. took a lot of pics. Turtle Rock Trail is smaller then I was told, only about a mile to a mile and a half at best. If you walk at a decent pace this will not take you long. I did not climb many of the rocks, though now that I know how long the trail is I wish I would have. Great little creek that runs along the one side of the trail. Big boulders cover some of it witch creates little water falls along your walk. Great short hike. It is listed as an out and back but it was a loop from what I walked.

Great place for rock climbing .nice little trail. Good primitive camping

Visiting Laramie, WY this summer and looking for something to do. Locals suggested a visit to Vedauwoo. What a great suggestion. We hiked the Turtle Rock Trail and enjoyed the interesting rock formations, ponds, forested areas, and wildlife along the trail. We saw a moose just off the trail! We were hiking, but saw other mountain biking. I plan to return next year to bike as there are trails all over the national forest where this is located. Not too many people and quite close to Laramie make this a fun all day destination.

I have now been up all these rocks and the whole turtle rock trail around it. it is great for all ages and you will always have a great time a the view is great as well.

rock climbing

One of the greatest places in Wyoming to do some variance in technical and non-tech climbing. Very nice for picnicking and the trails are fantastic!

This is a popular place for picnics, day hikes, and rock climbing. We took a family hike through the woods and the kids had a good time, especially where we could see that beavers were building a dam (didn't see the beavers, though).