Turtle Rock Loop Trail

Turtle Rock Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Laramie, WY that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

: From Laramie, WY, drive east on I-80 for 12 miles and exit at Vedauwoo Road. Turn left to cross under the interstate, and follow Vedauwoo Road for 1.2 miles to the campground entry gate. Turn left into the campground area and proceed 0.5 mile to a small gravel parking area on the left.

Nice and easy trail just outside of Laramie. Rock formations were interesting and we saw a lynx!

Beautiful hike. Would have been better without the 5 classes of 5th graders :)

It was beautiful and not an overly exerting hike. I will be going back again.

Very good trail for beginners who want to learn to ride some rocks and roots but nothing "scary" by any means. Some loose sand or light gravel in some spots. Only a couple of spots they had to walk but an advanced rider won't have an issue.

Minimal elevation gain so great with dogs. There is a creek on the right side of the rock (see map pic. Blue dot is where the creek is for dogs).

Great family ride but still need good bikes. Don't bring your 30 year old cruiser. Tons of trails all over. All levels. It got the teen boy interested in riding with me!

It was an easy hike, mellow and nice scenery. There were lots of families of all ages around. So for those who are newbie hikers or have little ones it's a great little hike. Lots of places to picnic at so pack a lunch, a camera and some binoculars because there are moose around the area as well. We saw three a couple summers ago.

A nice little hike, the scenery doesn't change much but I grew up here.

Great trail with easy signage. The area is beautiful and the trail is in great condition. Ran into a herd of cattle... So that was interesting!

A great family trail. It is moderately trafficked. Very easy to access from I-80. The trail is in great shape right now.

Haven't been on a hike in forever and was not disappointed when my boyfriend and I decided to go here on they last day I was there on 05/28/2016! There is definitely some beautiful scenery on this trail!!

Was really looking forward to a trail run up from Denver, but the directions lead me to private property with a gate under lock & key. Any locals have directions to this place? I ended up running laps at Washington Park-Lame-oh well maybe next time.

Brought the mileage tracker with today and with one detour up the rocks it totaled 3.9 miles. This included the Turtle Rock loop. Great trail with light traffic easy enough for the whole family.

Great little loop. It is not 5.5 miles as advertised, there may be 5.5 miles of trails including all the little sprout trails but not the loop its self as you would think. The loop is about 2 miles at best, but the scenery is different all the way around and it is nice. Next time I will take better shoes and climb the rocks and get to the top.

Not a lot of people the day I went but there were still people on the trails. More climbing rocks.

Your protected by trees most of the way so if it is windy (like the day I went) you will be protected.

Beautiful walk.

I saw zero mountain bikers in the entire vicinity of Medicine Bow National Forest. All hikers and rock climbers as far as I could tell so I don't know why it's listed as a mountain biking trail? Also, you can make the trail shorter by dipping in and out of parking lots. It was a nice quick hike that the dogs enjoyed! There were a TON of people here for Labor Day weekend but the hike was relatively uncrowded and pleasant.

Incredible scenery and long enough to give you a workout. For extra fun and exercise, try and scramble up to the top of turtle rock. I made it 30 feet short of the top in hiking boots, but will try again and pack my climbing shoes when it gets up there.

This is a wonderful area to go for a hike. It is not difficult but the scenery is fantastic. You can also do some rock climbing while there. My kids love it there.