Table Mountain Trail

Table Mountain Trail is a 9.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alta, Wyoming that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September.

Table Mountain is a 12 mile out and back trail located near Alta, Wyoming. The trail is only recommended for very experienced outdoorsmen and primarily used for hiking.

Loved this hike. It took us all day, but I ran a marathon the day before. The dogs loved it! Also, it's the perfect spot to get engaged if anyone is thinking about it.

I've hit this hike a few times while at BYU-Idaho. I enjoy the huckleberry trail; however, the face trail going up is a lot more exciting if you want a challenge.

two ways up if you not in good shape take huckleberry much easier

It's some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever encountered but DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ITS DIFFICULTY!! This is not an easy hike but all this considered it is absolutely 100% worth it! I would recommend going up the face (the shorter steeper trail) and down the huckleberry ( the longer trail), this will help conserve time, allow you to see new scenery both up and down, and save your knees ( as opposed to going down the face, which I do not recommend)! Start early because you will want all day to hike and will want time up top to take in the view and take a break. Note that it is often very windy and cold up top, regardless what time of year. Also pack your bear spray! 10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND!

I recommend going to the face and coming down huckleberry. Such a great hike...views of the Tetons take your breath away. (The wind at the top may also contribute to this). Took us 3 hours up and 3 hours down. We saw lots of unprepared hikers with no water or packs and crappy shoes. This is one hike you'll want to come prepared for.

We spent the night near the top and then hiked up to the top the next morning. It was way more rocky then I remembered and the trail was super crowded... beautiful view when you reach the top.

Hard to find trailhead. Take green creek road just before red barn/gas station. Go up road. When it divides take table mountain road. Do not stop at "trailhead" unless you need to park trailer. Keep going straight about 2 more mile across stream and up the hill.

Trail starts up hill and gets real steep. Overall about 3 miles to Cairn. Get out early if you also plan on doing ptarmigan peak. Would be a long day and would than go up to 12000. Ascends about 2000 feet. Good views from the top. Bear country. Do not hike alone.

It was a fun hike a little short for my taste. Had excellent view points most of the way up. I climb the face rather than go around through huckleberry trail. It was pretty foggy through out the hike but was beautiful in its own way. I will go back so I can see the tetons instead of the view of endless fog.

The hike was tough but every step was with it.

We went up the face and down Huckleberry. Hike up was good. it literally takes your breath away when you are yards from the top. Huckleberry took forever! Great feeling at end of day- good hike, felt accomplishment, pics were nice

Great day hike! It's fun, but not to steep for the most part if you follow Huckleberry pass or whatever is called

We did this as a family, ages 8 to 40 and a minitaure daushound. Went up the Face which took us 4 hours, took a nap on the top, then back down Huckleberry trail.

Beginning gets you going! Levels out in middle, than at end 2-3 miles steep again! AMAZING views though! You should do it.

Absolutely worth it! I am 50 and in decent condition. I was a bit nervous about the length of the hike (time wise) as I had heard from others to allow 11 -12 hours. My husband and I did it in 9 at a pace that I felt was very slow. It got difficult toward the top and I just had to put one foot in front of the other. I didn't pressure myself about moving fast, so this helped mentally. The view was spectacular and we had lunch. Saw a moose and 2 calves right next to the trail. I would take the huckleberry trail in and out because it's so beautiful. It is longer but I didn't gain any time doing the shorter Face trail, as it was so steep. If you really want to take the Face, take it in, not out. It's miserable on the knees with loose rocks (and I don't have bad knees at all). I used hiking poles and liked it. Used up about a liter of water each. We did it in mid-august and it was a perfect day. No rain, no snow.