Story Penrose Trail

DIFFICULTY 1 reviews

Story Penrose Trail is located near Story, WY. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Me and my lady friend hiked near this trail on August, 7th 2011.(as we could not find trail head and we had limited time)So, we hiked the Fetterman Massacre trail, that runs paralell to the old Bozeman Trail...and Interstate 90..
We flew to Den on Fri and then drove to Sheridan on Saturday, stopping to see the original "Ruts" of the Oregon Trail(near Guernsey). We then drove into the night to Sheridan. We stayed 4 nights there and Sunday we drove into Montana to the Little Big Horn Battlefield(we arrived late and a beautiful lightning storm had just passed by)..My friend had never been there before(actually the whole outdoor thing was new to her and I loved showing her nature and history.) . I have been there about 6 times.
We then drove Tuesday to Laramie...stopping at Independence Rock(where the Oregon trail travelers would stop and carve their names on this very large boulder..near Casper...very interesting.)
But, the biggest thing was the wonderful weather in Wyoming and Montana( and the magical electrical storms over the mountains at night).WE stayed in Laramie and the next morning drove into Denver.
A great trip and great vibes and..."oh the weather"....wish I could have brought it back to Houston on Wednesday...Thankyou..Ron R..and Rhonda..T..