Sinks Canyon

Sinks Canyon is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Lander, WY that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Simple trail run, I branched off and hiked the near by peak

Excellent!

Ahhhh. 20 minutes to wilderness.

Growing up in Lander I tell everyone that you need to go up to the falls. It's an easy hike compared to most of the Winds but you won't be disappointed. Try it in the winter!

A nice, laid back trail. I would hike it again....it's a beginner trail and good if you're not yet used to the altitude. I started at the trail head at the Popo Agie campground.

Went out the day after Christmas (2013). Weather between 30-40 degrees. As a newbie, I managed to get off track on the outbound leg, following a snowmobile path that took me at least a half-mile out of the way, and which dumped me out on a highway above Bruce's Parking Area, the designated "turnaround" point. Caused this flatlander to have to climb 1000+' in altitude, instead of the gentle 600' I was expecting.
Paid more attention on the flat return. Beautiful, snow-covered walk. If you do it RIGHT, it's a nice, easy dayhike.

This was a excellent hike first thing in the morning. We started at the Bruces Trailhead and shot straight up to the Falls. The spring runoff made this quie a sight to see. Warnings had been posted first halfmile due to a kill close to trail. After the Falls we looped to the North and came across the ridges until we found a nice spot to come back down to the road. Awesome area, I can't wait to bring the whole family up here. The Sinks visitors center was a great plae to visit as well.

I took the Middle Fork Trail head near Bruce's picnic area. This trail is just beyond Sinks Canyon State Park. I am new to the area and hope I do not confuse anyone. But, this was a good starter trail if you are not used to the altitude. The whole trail was not oped at the time I did it. But being adventurous, I looped up behind the falls and found an old standing Teepee next to the river from there I went up the top of ridge behind the falls.(this is where I ran into the Moose), but it was worth it for the back country views of the rest of the range. Enjoyed it a lot!!