Rock Creek Trail

Rock Creek Trail is a 10.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Arlington, WY that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is accessible year-round.

The Rock Creek Trailhead, located outside of Arlington, WY, accesses the northern end of the Rock Creek Trail. The out and back trail is popular with day hikers and mountain bikers. Horse travel is not advised due to the narrow trail, frequent rock slides, and very steep drop offs.

Very nice peaceful hike! Dog friendly, kid friendly and family friendly! There were signs of moose and bear but we had no encounters

First and foremost, the location of the trail head is very wrong on All trails as of 7/5/16. Visit for a much more accurate trail head description and trail information. I did submit an update to All Trails, but make sure you verify where the trail is. All Trails also is only showing about 3 miles of an 11.1 mile trail.

That being said, this is a fantastic backpacking trail. There are several well used camping sites along it, and it isn't overly trafficked. On July 4th weekend I met 8 other hikers over a span of 24 hours.

You do have to traverse several rock slides, and if you are going to bring a dog, you might consider boots for their feet. I learned that the hard way with a torn paw on my dog's foot.

There is a lot of bear and moose sign in the area, but I didn't see either animal in my trek. The trail follows Rock Creek and offers stunning vistas and quiet forest paths to lead the way.