Red Beds Trail

Red Beds Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Devils Tower, WY that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from April until October.

My wife has arthritis in knees and back, but she did better than I did on inclines. Bring a hiking stick for balance. Saw a large family group of deer that let my wife walk up to them for pictures; got within about five feet. Nice, friendly neighborhood. Off season not crowded.

very nice and well used trail for beginners. lots of great scenery. spotted deer, chipmunks, birds, and squirrels.

A great hike. We did this trail on a Sunday. Once away from the crowds in the main parking area we saw only four people, awesome! There are a few ups and downs, but nothing too strenuous, even for a flatlander.

I am from Illinois and this trail was hard for me on the incline. The landscape around Devils Towers was just awesome. Loved the part through the red rocks. 7/3/2016

Good trail and not too busy in the morning. Heavy vehicle traffic was entering the area as we left around 10. Great views of valley and tower.

Very nice hike. A more traditional hike compared to the shorter loop which is paved. I also added a section from the Valley View loop to extend it to 3.5 miles. Hike features varied terrains, from pine forest, to the red beds, to the flat prairie of the prairie dogs.

Very easy walking, such beautiful scenery

Very fun trail, the drive out to Devils Tower is beautiful. I'd definitely do it again.

A little icy but absolutely beautiful!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous! One of my favorites! Short but sweet! Go early to avoid people; between 5-6 am I didn't see a soul.

Out RV was unable to park at the top of visitors site so we parked below at trailer camping and hiked up. Start trail by prairie and walk thru all the prairie dogs popping up out of their holes. Initial ascent is moderate but the views are totally worth it. Views of the valley below and devils tower will not disappoint. In fact the only disappointment was coming to the visitors center and encountering all the people. Absolute best way to see Devils tower.

This was our first experience with any trails in the area. It's been awhile since I've had a good hike, and this one was alot of fun. We spotted so much wildlife, flowers and other great scenery. It says 2.8 miles as the distance, but I swear I walked at least 35 miles today...or least my legs feel that way.

Great hike. On the east side of the trail there was quite a bit of mud as it rained a day prior plus I was there pretty early so the ground hasn't had time to dry out much. There was a few parts that is was a little tough to climb up but luckily I am in decent shape. It took me about 2.5 hours but that included several times that I stopped, enjoyed the view and took some pics. I didn't see another soul on the trail the whole time so that was great to have that area all to myself. Great time of year to go if you can catch the weather just right. Seen a bit of birds, chipmunks, squirrels and several white tailed deer. All & all, great hike and great views.

Good trail not crowded and not to long or hard with some good veiws

This trail is for people who want to view the Tower without the crowds of tourist. Lovely trail, more wildlife then on top, lots of wild flowers with beautiful views of the Valley below the Tower.