Wildcat Mound

Wildcat Mound is a 13 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Black River Falls, WI that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

13.0 miles Point to Point

Nice hike overall for the middle of Wisconsin. The leaves were just starting to change colors as I approached the forest, so I was really excited to see all the foliage. There were so many mushrooms throughout the entire park that we could see that it made it a fun game to play. We hiked the South, Ridge, and Central trails. It was a nice hike where we only saw about two groups on our entire morning here.
Very peaceful and contemplative environment. The forest is well taken care of, and the ridge was absolutely beautiful. Such a nice place to go for a quick hike.

This was a very hard trail with many hills to climb. My 4 year old Grandson walked the whole way with us. Bless his little heart. Very proud of him.

a lot of hills. To much for a 4 year old.

Hiked and camped here a few times. Really nice! Even sat up on the cliff side and watched a storm roll in, it was a beautiful site to see.

there is a network of trails in this area, daily trail pass cost is $4 and you can register at the trail head, my son and I hiked 5 miles today 29march 2014, and the trails are still groomed for cross country skiing . we were able to walk on hard packed snow with no problems. all the trails are close to exit 228 off the 94.