Nordic Trail

Nordic Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Whitewater, WI that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trails through a variety of vegetation, hardwoods, pine plantations, open meadows, and kettle moraine terrain. There are six different trails of varying lengths and degrees of difficulty, providing great hiking or skiing for all levels of ability. A shelter, toilets & parking available.

Awesome!!

The 9-mile blue loop of the Nordic Trail is my favorite hike in the area. Well, not so much in my area, because I live an hour south of the trail, but it is absolutely worth the drive. Nice varied scenery, a few hilly areas to provide some variety (and a little more effort), well-marked, well-maintained paths, and best of all, no biking allowed!

Nice trail, we'll marked with signs. Wide trail, as wide as 2 cars width most of the trail. Orange Trail yielded 2 spots with great Valley views. Moderate ups and downs.

Nice trail. Easy walking. Scenery was ok

I like this trail system, along with the John Muir trail system across the street. Unfortunately we were advised not to use the John Muir trails due to the amount of bikers that day. We did a mix of the blue and green trails. I'd say it was fairly easy, some uphill climbs, but most of the time the path was easy and wide. Very well marked. Not at all crowded when I went. Bring bug spray if you're into that sort of thing. I'll be going back, but I prefer the John Muir trails.

We did the 'green' loop, which says is 3.6 miles. A couple of concerns - we initially wanted to do a trail across the road, but when we paid our parking fee, were told that that side of the park was over-ridden with bikers that day, and if we were there to hike, we should go across the street to the Nordic trailheads, so we did. This is the first year we are exploring hiking opportunities within a two-mile radius of the Chicago area, in preparation for a trip to the west coast later this summer. So we wanted something with a little challenge to it. This one worked OK for that... some uphills that mimicked ones we will see in the future, but not quite as long. But we're just trying to find the right places for right now to sort of do some training and gauge what we're able to do, and were happy with this one in that was 100% better than anything we have in Lake County.

One disappointment - we had our dog with us, and had our own clean-up bags with us, but when we got back to the parking lot, there was not a garbage can to be found anywhere to dump the bag... not even in the bathrooms.

The trails are marked VERY well; Wisconsin does an excellent job with that - I wish some other states did as well (talking about you Oregon and Illinois). I'd like to go back again and try the trails across the road starting from that parking lot.

Long hill climbs, as well as easy flat trails. There is something for everyone here. Not much to see as far as terrain when foliage is full. Pay trail.

Pretty, quiet (even on a Labor Day weekend!). It will take you through pine forests, prairies, moraines and kettles. Overall a nice hike, not terribly difficult. No sweeping vistas just lots of shaded lanes through the woods. Must be beautiful here in autumn.

Spectacular scenery.......pine forests and open spaces. Path is extra wide for those who ski in the winter. Trail is easy but is also demanding in areas. Signs are posted.

GREAT trails. If you love to hike or cross country ski this is the place to go. 7 trails of varying lengths from 9.2 miles to .6