New Galrus Woods Loop Trail

New Galrus Woods Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Glarus, WI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A nice walk through the woods, not challenging at all

Overall, a quiet path with some beautiful trees all around. I wish that I could have been here in the spring or summer when everything would have been blooming. Even after the leaves have fallen, I could tell how pretty everything would have been at a different time of year.
This is a nice, gentle rolling trail that is mostly a mowed path that goes up and down through the edges of the forest. The trial is very well-labeled with maps at intersections to help with finding a direction. There is a guidebook for the long trail, but I was just out for introspection.
The downsides are that I wish there were better vistas overall. Also, the proximity to the highway meant that I could hear it in the background for about half my hike.