New Munster Wildlife Area Loop Trail

New Munster Wildlife Area Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, WI that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

New Munster Wildlife Area is a 1226 acre property located in western Kenosha County. The park predominately consists of riverine and emergent/open water wetland habitat, oak woodland, lowland woodland, shallow marsh, grassland, and agricultural fields. Good for hiking. The area is used by hunters so please plan accordingly and practice safety first.

My son and I did have a good time and enjoyed the reserve but...
just so its clear this is not a family hiking trail, its seems to be for local hunters. that not a bad thing but I am glad i did not have my smaller children. their is no real map, the trail is overgrown and hard to follow. my app on my phone crashed so my recording is off. we ended up ditching the trail hitting the edge of a farmers field and then breacking through a small patch of thick woods to make it back to a road.