John Muir Blue Loop Trail

John Muir Blue Loop Trail is a 11.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near La Grange, Wisconsin that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Was fun to get out and explore the area. Lots of bikes and everyone was friendly.

Enjoyed the hike, This was a moderate trail to hike, the difficulties lied in the oncoming mountainbike traffic. hiking is done in reverse on the same trail as the biking. signs were not posted for hikers so you needed to check a reverse rotation for the biking traffic. still managed to stay on track... it was a beautiful area and showed the true Kettle Moraine...

As a first time-mountain biker, it's hard to say whether this is the best trail or the worst; I tried the orange trail after going through a couple of loops on the skills course (not knowing what I was doing) and started to feel comfortable. The skills course was a great preparation for the sticks, rocks, and other obstacles. The orange trail was around 5 miles, with beautiful scenery, wildlife, inclines, and declines. The other bikers were friendly and motivating. The area has a spot for a fire, grilling, and seating. All in all, this trail was a blast and recommend it to everyone of all levels!

hiking: it is an easy trail. 50% downhill, 30% flat and 20% uphill. hikers are asked to go counter clockwise, so that's why this trail is easy. the markers are from the bikers perspective, so pay special attention. I lost track and diverted out of my green loop but thankfully, I caught another pole that showed me that I was only on the blue trail and I was able to backtrack. it took me 3.5 hours for 8.5 miles, including the diversion.

for biking: considering 50% is uphill, this is definitely a moderate-hard trail, in my opinion. 80% of the bikers I saw struggled with some part of the trail.

There are numerous well marked trails that offered hikes thru pine trees and hardwoods. I look forward to hiking here again. This is a new area favorite for me.

Easy, groomed hiking trail. Beautiful representation of the area foliage including wild black raspberries. YUMM! There are several well marked loops of varying difficulty ( I would still rate as easy). The blue loop is the longest and the more challenging with several ascents and descents. All trails are well shaded. Take the hike! I did this in the green of summer. The fall would be spectacular minus the edibles.

Beautifully groomed wide trails. Foliage is so thick in the summer it's like hiking in a hallway. Going back in the fall when the views will be better. Great trail though.

great time! a little of everything