Ice Age Trail: West Bend

Ice Age Trail: West Bend is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near West Bend, WI that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

6.4 miles 658 feet Point to Point

Escape to this rugged, full featured, and convenient section of the Ice Age Trail from CTH-D to Paradise Drive. The West Bend segment of the Ice Age National Scenic trail travels through West Bend, WI. Although conveniently located right in West Bend, this rugged, forested landscape will make you feel much further away. This complete and detailed route covers the West Bend segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail and all it's access points, trailheads, parking, connecting trails, communities, parks, preserves, and facilities. The Ice Age Trail is a thousand-mile footpath highlighting the remnants left behind by glaciers during the last ice age over 12,000 years ago. Designated as a National Scenic Trail, the Ice Age trail follows the terminal moraine of the last glaciation throughout Wisconsin providing some of the world's best examples of glacial formations such as kettles, moraines, and drumlins.

Nice trail, good elevation changes and a nice hike through some beautiful open woods

I walked this trail from the south trailhead all the way to the Kewaskum segment and back. This was my first hike so I didn't know what to expect. What I discovered was the connector directions were only given going northbound. I am glad I paid attention to my surroundings because the trail at one point came to an end at the back of an apartment building hidden behind a pile of dirt. I have attached a photo with the directions. I am glad I took the photo and paid attention to my surroundings or I don't think I would have been able to find the trail on the return. Also on the return I found at Ridge Run the trail opened up to the park and did not give directions as to where it picked up again. I had to look around to find where the trail picked up again. I overshot the trail and had to backtrack. The scenery was nice. Despite running into a bees next and getting stung over 30 times I enjoyed my first hike.

Great place for a family hike!

easy to park, great scenery! , highly recommend.

great trail, one of my midwest favorites. Clearly marked and sufficiently cleared for trail running. Mostly in the woods so bring inspect spray.

Directions that linked to my Google Maps App took me past the trail head. TH is about 1 mile past the cemetery - sign is pretty small but you'll see if if you keep an eye peeled.

beautiful on a nice fall day.