Escanaba Trails

Escanaba Trails is a 8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sayner, WI that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.0 miles Loop

Great spots along the way...don't forget bug spray! Towards the end of the 8.5+ when the trail meets the dirt roads, it's hard to tell where it continues. Grass was covering the trail signs so we tore some off so it was visible again. My tracker showed more than 8.5 miles, closer to 9

Hiking there in the winter isn't the best. Once I got down to the lake the wind was really bad, but the area was beautiful. I only took the 3.5 mile loop because of the temperature, and it was a good length for a quick hike.

Did the 5 mile loop and it was very scenic and there wasn't a single other person around. Very peaceful!

Ticks agreed- especially in may-july. Other wise really fun and pretty. Great area of the NorthWoods!

Great trail! Watch out for ticks in May (we found one). We did the 2.5 mile loop rather than the 8 mile loop. It has enough hills to make it fun, but not overly challenging. There are quite a bit of roots in the trail so I don't recommend this for mountain biking.

Best place for fall hiking. It was beautiful. A perfect day and only saw 2 people.