Two Run to Stone Trough Trail Loop

Two Run to Stone Trough Trail Loop is a 7 mile loop trail located near Cedarville, WV and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

This trail was awesome! We too went after a rain and it was treacherous, but so much fun. We all came back covered in mud. I highly recommend it. The trough all the way at the top was cool, as was walking the ridge line, then coming back down was slick, but watching every person fall was a blast.

Only done the stone trough loop, and its a doozy, it was also during a rainstorm. Overall it's what you expect in that country, mountainous terrain with lots of hardwood forest. A few of the descents were very steep with no switchbacks. Making it a little treacherous with the rain. I had to go ninja style and grab roots and slide down backward. They wouldn't be terrible in drier conditions. Saw a bear maybe towards the end. I couldn't really tell, just a black figure and leaves rustling. Overall it seems like a good trail with some serious climbs. I look forward to going back on a drier day and doing the whole loop. There is also another trail connected, North Boundary Trail, making it a few more miles.