Seneca Rocks Trail

Seneca Rocks Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Seneca Rocks, WV that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

25 minutes ago

The trail is easy in the sense that it's wide level and well maintained. There are some rockier washed out sections at the steep switchback corners. The elevation gain makes it more moderate however. It was freezing rain and pretty foggy so we didn't get much of a view from the top but it was nice regardless. I wanted to explore more at the top but it wasn't clear where the trail continues to and it was getting late in the day.

Great trail. Easy hike if you're good with going uphill the whole time. Views at the top are stunning. Once you hit the top end of he trail you have the option to start climbing the rocks to some beautiful views. It is dangerous at this point so be careful and enjoy!

Loved it. Pretty easy trail with a clear path. Saw lots of people out with kids and pets so it is definitely family friendly.

Nice trail. A trail anyone can do with the family. Lots of dogs were on the trail too! A little crowded on a weekend in October. Definitely nice views at the top!

Love this place. Great view. Great little places to eat.

Great hike! I would not consider this easy unless you are in great physical shape! I made it but it was not easy, I would say moderate.

Used this as a climbing approach!

Not a bad hike. Some ankle rollers in spots along the trail. TAKE WATER!! Especially on the hot days. No water on either end of the trail, but you can fill up over at the store at the Y intersection. Take a dip at the swimming hole on your way out and get a really good view of where you hiked to.

I was excited to do this trail. I came up here about 7 years ago on a camping trip with my family, but they didn't want to do the trail. I convinced my fiance to go with me this time. I wouldn't consider it easy. The incline is pretty steep in a lot of places; the majority of the trail is switchbacks. The view from the observation deck is sufficient and beautiful, but if you decide to go out on the rocks, be very careful and take your time.

This hike was really fun. I would not consider this trail easy since there are plenty of switchbacks on the way up. The view form the observation deck was nice but climbing out on the rocks past the sign was awesome. There are a lot of rocks to climb on. Fun times! We headed down when it started to rain because the rocks get really slick really quick.

Great trip. Amazing clear views! Elevation changes are a work out if you go quickly.

Great. Clear day, view was amazing. Visitors center was very good. Many check this as an easy hike, be warned the elevation change is drastic and if you hump it it's a great workout. My son and I passed everyone - for they needed to take a rest along the way. Many should be able to do this hike, just plan ahead and take your time.

Amazing view!!! Will definitely be back!

Awesome trail. It's a quick up and back hike (done easily in 2 hours) up the mountain to a viewing deck at the cliff seen in the picture. The trail is beautiful for the duration, and the vantage point is incredible.

It was a nice hike. It was really steep only in one section

Great. Trail head not so well marked.