Overlook Trail

Overlook Trail is a 2.4 mile loop trail located near Moundsville, WV and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

2.4 miles Loop

Surface: Asphalt Endpoints: Glen Dale City Park (7th & S. Park Ave.), Moundsville Riverview Park (13th St.) Road Access: WV Rt. 2 Note: Follows Ohio River

This trail is non-existent unless it's through a neighborhood. I asked a couple long time locals & they said they had no clue what I was talking about & directed me to Glen Vue Park which is right up the road.

The hike we ended up taking at Glen Vue was really quite beautiful & isolated once we got off the main 4 mile loop. So if you're looking for a nice hike in Moundsville, my recommendation would be to check out the 12 miles worth of trails at Glen Vue. They have a lot of other activities at the park (disc golf, mini golf, ziplines, etc) , so perhaps in Spring & Summer it may not be as secluded of a hike. The trail would also be good for easy going mountain biking.