Lost Trail

Lost Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Barboursville, West Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beautiful trail

Excellent local trail. I recommend going when it's snowing.

Well marked and traveled loop trail in Beech Fork State park. Good amount of yellow reflectors or painted dots on the trees. Saw quite a few small deer. Nice views of the lakes from the top as well as while walking alongside them. May not get much of a view during the summer. We hiked in November after most of the leaves had fallen. Took our dog and he loved every second of it. Good amount of up and down and felt like a moderate workout.

We did this trail yesterday and we loved it, so did our pups...the perfect amount of ups and downs to be a good workout.

A ton of fun
Great for beginners
Out and back 6.5 miles

Great scenery and walk.....a little challenging for novice, but can be done in 60 mins with a good pace

Challenging but good workout!

Great trail! Good workout on the hills. The trail itself was a little muddy, but well marked. The whole thing is shaded. Good spots to stop and take a water break. No creek or lake to cool off in, though. I'd do it again!

A little muddy, but my friends and I, along with our dogs, had a blast. There are yellow diamonds nailed to trees periodically throughout the trail to help guide you.

It was long! But beautiful. Loved it.

I go hiking here quite often with my dog, and love it.

Pretty snazzy trail, lots of other trails branching off from this one. Plan on taking a bike next trip..

Takes about 5 hours to do the mary Davis trail.

This trail provides a nice little work-out. The first time I went, I stayed on the Lost Trail for the entire hike. The second time I went, I decided to follow the fork to the Mary Davis Trail around the lake. That turned into quite an experience, as I had no idea the Mary Davis Trail was so long and not as clearly marked as the Lost Trail. It was mid-late October, so the narrow trail was heavily covered by leaves. As the trail became harder and harder to see, I finally decided to turn around and go back. I spent about four hours hiking that day. I wouldn't mind hiking from the Lost Trail onto the Mary Davis Trail around the lake again, as that part was beautiful, but next time I will probably just turn around once the trail veers off from the lake.