High Meadows / Lumberjack Loop

High Meadows / Lumberjack Loop is a 6 mile loop trail located near Riverton, WV that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from February until November.

Attempted to hike. Nothing but mud. Would avoid hiking for a while.

I hiked this in conjunction with Lumberjack Trail. This trail is next to the creeks and is absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend it. (See my review of Lumberjack Trail along with pictures posted from both trails.)

I like to refer to this trail as the ankle breaker trail. I've hiked it twice: the fall of 2012 and the fall of 2013. It's about 5 miles until the first campsite. The scenery is truly beautiful, but the the trail itself is a pain. It is an old railroad car trail, which makes it very wide and lumpy. There are lots of rocks throughout the trail. You can easily twist an ankle. The trail is also extremely soupy. There are lots of little springs that run under the ground and it has some deep, muddy places. I recommend Gaitors or just plain tall rubber rain boots. But Seneca Rocks/Creek as a whole is quite beautiful and I do recommend it.