High Falls Trail

High Falls Trail is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Glady, WV that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy in-and-out trail, 4 miles each way (8 miles round trip), to a beautiful waterfall and swimming hole.

Great Hike!! Terrible directions ... walked for three miles trying to find the trail head.. once we found the trail head the hike was a blast!!

The directions given by the app are ok...until you start looking for the trail head. My GPS tried to get me to go down some private driveways. The trailhead is right on Beulah Rd on the right. Blink and you will miss it. It is only marked by a small hiking sign about 25' from a wide spot in the road, which is where I parked. The sign at the trail head says .5 miles to High Falls...that is only to the High Falls Trail. The trail is rocky and rooty, so wear some good shoes with ankle support, and a little mucky in some spots. Great hike, with some great views!

The trail was great. Well managed. Very few trees down over the trail.

I did this trail with my 9-year-old son in July 2014. This was his first hike of any length and we did it in just over 2 hours each way. We swam and snorkeled in the spectacular swimming hole at the foot of the falls, and camped just next to the river. Didn't see another person the whole time. Just after we left, around noon on a Wednesday, we heard the tourist train arrive, presumably from Elkins.

My go to early spring trip. Better before mid April when the trains run. Also, if you head upriver, you come to what was a place called "Harper," which has good camping spots and a nice riverside to explore, swim, and fish if the river is down. It is along a RR siding, so there may be RR cars sitting there, which is kinda cool, and there are springs nearby to get fresh water.

Not as spectacular as Blackwater Falls but beautiful. A must see.

Great trip

Go for it!! Great Swimming holes reward you!