Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek

Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek is a 12 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver, WV that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and whitewater kayaking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

This is my all time favorite trail. My fiance and I have done it a couple of times. We start at the New River end and go up to Kate's Falls before we turn around. Glade Creek is beautiful the entire way. It's not a very difficult trail, but there are some parts that are usually quite muddy, so bring some good waterproof shoes/boots.

Loved the trail. Scenic, multiple waterfalls. Too cold to take advantage of the multiple swimming holes available (one with a rope swing), but summer is coming. If you don't arrange two cars, the out and back is a solid 12+ miles with detours. Lower trailer on New River end, more scenic, with higher concentration of waterfalls. Trail can be muddy, it hasn't rained in weeks but runoff made me wish I had boots.

Great trail with wonderful views. Nice waterfall near the lower (New River) end.