Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek

Glade Creek: New River to Pinch Creek is a 12 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Beaver, West Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

12.0 miles 2073 feet Out & Back

whitewater kayaking

old growth

We went about halfway up from the New River trailhead. Lovely. Almost all the way was easy walking on what appears to be an old logging road along the "creek". Wet in places. You can hear and see the creek the whole time. Lovely steel bridge 2.5-3 miles up from the New River end.

Amazing scenery. I turned around about half way up but I did get to see a lot of beautiful waterfalls and stone formations.

Beautiful. I do not give many five stars, but this could be a six star. I wish I had read the reviews firs because it was muddy in a couple places. The waterfalls were beautiful.

One of our favorites in the area. Very pretty hike, not too strenuous.

This is my all time favorite trail. My fiance and I have done it a couple of times. We start at the New River end and go up to Kate's Falls before we turn around. Glade Creek is beautiful the entire way. It's not a very difficult trail, but there are some parts that are usually quite muddy, so bring some good waterproof shoes/boots.

Loved the trail. Scenic, multiple waterfalls. Too cold to take advantage of the multiple swimming holes available (one with a rope swing), but summer is coming. If you don't arrange two cars, the out and back is a solid 12+ miles with detours. Lower trailer on New River end, more scenic, with higher concentration of waterfalls. Trail can be muddy, it hasn't rained in weeks but runoff made me wish I had boots.

Great trail with wonderful views. Nice waterfall near the lower (New River) end.