Dolly Sods Wilderness

Dolly Sods Wilderness is a 6.5 mile loop trail located near Cabins, West Virginia that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

dolly sods is my favorite place to camp and hike so many cool trails and so great geo cashes

Great hiking and encountered very few people on the trail. Soggy in places, but fortunately most was frozen when we went through. Two river crossings-- first we were able to use rocks to cross, current was quick. second crossing was about a foot deep with no bridge or rocks.

GPS directions from this app dumped us in the middle of the town of Petersburg. By the time we found out where the trails started it was too late.

Favorite spot to take my boys for hiking and backpacking!

best backpacking in the region.

By far my favorite place to go backpacking while in college at WVU. Great trail systems, well maintained and it really feels remote without being too far away. It's usually crowded though, not to the point that you can't find a place to get away, but every ime I've been up here there have been other groups of people around....except during the winter

This series of trails were awesome. The scenery changes so often it's like you're in several climates in one weekend.

Really great trail considering how close it is to DC. You'll pass through a variety of very distinct Eco systems.