Appalachian Trail: Keys Gap to Harpers Ferry

Appalachian Trail: Keys Gap to Harpers Ferry is a 13.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Went from keys gap to the 340 bridge in Harper's ferry and back . Overall a pretty mellow trail but I will note it's very rocky and the Loudoun heights climb is pretty strong especially when muddy . Wet and muddy today so the rocks were slippery but still a great time. Not to many views but a few cool campsites and some nice wildlife sightings . I ran some and hiked some to make sure I got back before dark . Trail is getting dark about 430 or so and is a little creepy lol

Nice easy trail. I take my 4 kids (10,5,3,5 mos) down it regularly.

This was a very easy Trekk from the parking spot off of Rt. 9 in VA. We started our hike here and stoppes in Warners Gap, MD. The keys gap section was the easiest section of our trip, is a very rocky path so make sure you have some good shoes on. We did pass 2 small camping areas that wasn't listed on the A.T. web page that looked like a nice little over night stay for someone who is looking for an easy in and out camp night.

This is great trail! I got rained on about halfway back and it was an amazing experience to just let go and enjoy it!

The AT never disappoints and this portion of the trail, know as "the roller coaster," was a lot of fun. I hiked this with my dog as an out and back today and saw very few people. It's rocky, so the poles help, and the yak trax helped with the snow/ice. Beautiful views of the valley in the winter.

depending where you start, Starting on the MD side its all down hill and ends in Harppers Ferry. Starting in Harppers Ferry It's all up hill.