Yelm Tenino Trail

Yelm Tenino Trail is a 15 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Yelm, WA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

15.0 miles 351 feet Point to Point

Trailhead is located behind Yelm City Hall at the intersection of Highway 507 & Highway 510.

Good for a bike ride with the grandkids

too easy, great for kids

This is a very long trail with quite a bit of use. My entry point was from a housing area in the small town of Tenino. It is a well maintained paved trail that is mostly flat. During just a few outings we managed to see a baby deer and a bunny rabbit while on the trail.

Not bad, I only went three miles in before the rain picked up. It was relaxing.

Great for walking the dog, bicycling, or running. It doesn't have any amazing views but it's a good straight long trail. Now I don't know where it ends but I've reached one end on Railyway RD SE. It's pretty long.

A good straight wide trail. Good for running, biking, or walking the dog. Mostly wooded area with some parts going straight thru Rainier and Yelm from what i have seen.

Great paved trail for biking without having to dodge cars. Easy to find and even a couple of good restaurants at the half way point if you want an easy ride.

Nice trail. Passing the lake makes for a nice view, but not much else to see. Mostly flat.

My wife and I walked a portion of the trail south of Yelm and enjoyed it a lot. There are a number of plants and trees identified along the way. Pavement was in good shape and it was used by a mix of bikers, joggers and walkers. Look forward to walking other sections.

Yelm Tenino Trail is only 13.5 miles and It took me to walk just 4 hour and 45 minutes with my dog, very easy and friendly trail.

Nice trail, long and mainly flat. Great view of McIntosh Lake along the way, with opportunity for some fishing.

Good trail for kids. My 9 year old rode to Yelm and back to Tenino so nothing to hard.

This trail runs along one of the main streets. There isn't a lot to see. We walked 1.5 miles before turning back. This trail is pathed, good for bikes or rollerblades. We did find tons of ants, some of the biggest swarms I have ever seen. My 11 year old son was scared of them as was I. We didn't stay long. There seemed to be a lot of teenage kids hanging out and a few people walking dogs. I would do this trail again only on bikes.