Whistle Lake Trail

Whistle Lake Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

first hike in Washington. it was really awesome. trails were clearly marked and over all a really nice hike.

I had amazing hike water clear and lots of trails to choose from

Out for a little hike and fishing. I got a late start and it was to warm for a trout bite. Saw a big bass. Great to be outside enjoying the weather and PNW!

Great hike around the lake. I'd consider it more moderate than easy. Great spots to jump into the lake. Took a bit to hike out to the lake and trail from the parking lot tho. Well taken care of and trails labeled. CFBL

Raining and gorgeous

This trail is busy, busy, busy. I'm not sure why it's marked easy, in my opinion it's moderate. But maybe it was the loop we took:

201>21>20(Old Road)>204>21>22>205>20(Old Road). It was rough at points, almost a climb. Lots of rocks and roots. Beautiful scenery once on the trail, anytime we had to get on Old Road, it was just teeming with people, noise, garbage, horse manure, and dog poo. On the trail we only saw another couple hiking, and another trail running. This area is definitely used more for Old Road directly to the lake, which is beautiful. We got in late, so by the time we made it half way around the lake, there was only one other group doing cannonballs off the cliffs, and when we came out, one couple coming in for a late swim. Careful on Old Road, aside from poo, people, and trash, mountain bikers coming tearing through here, as well as motorcycles and scooters. Because the rocks are big, and gravel unpredictable, it can be a dangerous situation.

Be aware at the TH: there is two trail starts. The one to the left of the sign is Old Road and goes straight to the lake. Go off to the right some, and that where 201 starts, and heads away from Old Road and people. Parking at the TH on a slow day I'm sure is great. This day was a total mess. We ended up parking along the roadway coming in.