Whistle Lake Trail

Whistle Lake Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, WA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

first hike in Washington. it was really awesome. trails were clearly marked and over all a really nice hike.

I had amazing hike water clear and lots of trails to choose from

Out for a little hike and fishing. I got a late start and it was to warm for a trout bite. Saw a big bass. Great to be outside enjoying the weather and PNW!

Great hike around the lake. I'd consider it more moderate than easy. Great spots to jump into the lake. Took a bit to hike out to the lake and trail from the parking lot tho. Well taken care of and trails labeled. CFBL

Raining and gorgeous

This trail is busy, busy, busy. I'm not sure why it's marked easy, in my opinion it's moderate. But maybe it was the loop we took:

201>21>20(Old Road)>204>21>22>205>20(Old Road). It was rough at points, almost a climb. Lots of rocks and roots. Beautiful scenery once on the trail, anytime we had to get on Old Road, it was just teeming with people, noise, garbage, horse manure, and dog poo. On the trail we only saw another couple hiking, and another trail running. This area is definitely used more for Old Road directly to the lake, which is beautiful. We got in late, so by the time we made it half way around the lake, there was only one other group doing cannonballs off the cliffs, and when we came out, one couple coming in for a late swim. Careful on Old Road, aside from poo, people, and trash, mountain bikers coming tearing through here, as well as motorcycles and scooters. Because the rocks are big, and gravel unpredictable, it can be a dangerous situation.

Be aware at the TH: there is two trail starts. The one to the left of the sign is Old Road and goes straight to the lake. Go off to the right some, and that where 201 starts, and heads away from Old Road and people. Parking at the TH on a slow day I'm sure is great. This day was a total mess. We ended up parking along the roadway coming in.

This trail offers many activities. Hiking, trail running, walking, biking, horseback riding and more. It's an easy wide trail but many other trails that branch off that get narrower. Overall really easy to hike or trail run. Has some good inclines and flat stretches for trail running. Mostly covered trail offering shade. Easy hike.

How far in is the cliff jumping what trail is it off is the cliff jumping spots easy to find how high are they?

Great day for hiking Whistle Lake. We started about 4:30 pm. The weather was great, nice and sunny. We began with taking a right at the outhouse, continuing down to trail # 22 and taking a left. Then onto # 206 and right on # 205. We did branch off the main trail for a little bit and followed the lake, getting great views of the little island. After that we got back onto # 205. Along the lake we found fawn lily's, Indian paintbrush and lady slippers blooming. The Hens and chicks were just beginning. Awesome hike tonight with very few people there. Would highly recommend bringing an ACFL map of the area. There are several trails that branch off.

oops, please ignore my previous review and photos. The review/photos I posted were not for Whistle lake in Washington. They were for Holland lake in Minnesota. My bad, wrong trail.

Cool scenic trail for casual hiking (not much incline). Plenty of trails to choose from. Helpful maps along the trails to help keep track of where you're at. I connected several trails to make a 4.8 mile loop. Recommend early morning hikes to see more wild life.

Awesome secluded lake. Go when the weather is nasty and you will have absolute solitude.

07/6/14 great family hike great scenery good place to go for cliff jumping!!!! Clear water

Trail was well maintained, easily navigable, and the weather was cooperative, partly sunny with showers. Amazing scenery.

wasn't to happy with the hike. I didn't make it to the lake. The trails were all mud and the sun wasn't able to peak through the trees so it felt like I was in some cave or something. There was a lot of bikers out and about but I wouldn't recommend it for hiking with your dog. Not very scenic either a lot of woodland debris looked like from a storm or something.

This was a great hike for my family. I had our baby on my back and our 4 and 10 yr old boys running around the lake. There was a really nice area to have a picnic and take some tubes. There are some areas to cliff jump as well. Not very many bugs either. :)

This is definitely an all family hike/adventure. And the best part is the cliff jumping of the island rocks! Bring your big boy pants if you want to go off "the big one" (which involves jumping out OVER a small tree.)

Beautiful lake, and secluded. Mostly Forrest covered so layer your clothes. On hot days it gets busy with swimmers, no better place for a good dip too!