West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail

West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, WA that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.5 miles 2031 feet Out & Back

An alternative trail to the summit of West Tiger summit #3, this trail follows the buried power lines straight up to the summit. The West Tiger Cable line is the steep way to the summit of West Tiger mountain #3, climbing 2000 feet in just under 1.5 miles.

uphill battle

Steep, wet & not crowded Great workout! Make sure to bring an extra pair of shoes & socks because when you finish, you'll be a little muddy this time of year. Trail traces a cable line buried underground & is used by DNR. Not a lot to see. Typical trees & ferns but there is a stream at the beginning right now.

hard!

This is a perfect workout and quick hike. Fresh air and straight up!

It's a darn good cardio workout! I didn't have poles but I could've used them for this. Definitely a great hike though. Very peaceful and rewarding.

It was solid. Went gearless, but would recommend poles for the Cable portion of the hike.

Good views to the East. Decent views to the Northwest at the top of the peaks.

The Cable was tough, beautiful and very rewarding. Exactly what I was hoping for!

It was hard hiked but good for cardio and of course it's always beautiful to be out.

The hike was very good. Ideal for a 2.5-3 hour hike up and back down. The end is a bit steep, but overall a very good hike.

Boring... Crowded

Best hike to train for The Enchantments. Very steep and a lot of loose rocks.

I was a very exhausting hike and a workout.

Steep uphill, took the switchbacks coming down since it was dark but we all had headlamps. Used for marathon strength training.

This is only a training hike, there are no good views at the top its generally cloud cover.very challenging so pack light. A couple water bottles should be all you need.

There are a few views along the way, though this hike is really all about pure training. My oldest son and I did this a few months ago with training packs. It was an absolute grind, but well worth it for the training.

We will be back for the next training season.

Tried this trail hoping to add it to our list of training routes. Starts out very noisy. So loud from the freeway we couldn't carry on a conversation. It is a bit steep and isnt maintained as others have said but easy to follow. The trail lacked kick-ins so it was more like just walking a steeper grade vs the step ups...didnt really give us the thigh burn we were looking for. There is really no view at the top which was a total deduct to me. Also the big tower in the distance is a reminder that you haven't really escaped the city. I wont go back because of it. The sun was out and we soaked it up which was wonderful. Washington Trails Association said this was about 3 miles RT but it is closer to 4 if you did this trail only. We took the more gradual loop down so in total we were just over 5 miles.