West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail

West Tiger # 3 via Cable Line Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.5 miles 2034 feet Out & Back

An alternative trail to the summit of West Tiger summit #3, this trail follows the buried power lines straight up to the summit. The West Tiger Cable line is the steep way to the summit of West Tiger mountain #3, climbing 2000 feet in just under 1.5 miles.

No viewpoint but good conditioning hike

I did this trail last weekend, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. There really aren't any great viewpoints but I just wanted to do a good conditioning hike/run and this was perfect. I highly recommend traction for when you get higher up, due to the ice. I can't wait to come back and see how many times I can do this trail in one day. My only complaint is the road to the trailhead- way too many pot holes. Next time I am going to park on the side of the road and start at the high point Way trailhead.

Didn't realize how hard the incline was the first 2 miles in! The top was snowy and beautiful. Very very icy as you reach the top. Great weather.

uphill battle

Steep, wet & not crowded Great workout! Make sure to bring an extra pair of shoes & socks because when you finish, you'll be a little muddy this time of year. Trail traces a cable line buried underground & is used by DNR. Not a lot to see. Typical trees & ferns but there is a stream at the beginning right now.

hard!

This is a perfect workout and quick hike. Fresh air and straight up!

It's a darn good cardio workout! I didn't have poles but I could've used them for this. Definitely a great hike though. Very peaceful and rewarding.

It was solid. Went gearless, but would recommend poles for the Cable portion of the hike.

Good views to the East. Decent views to the Northwest at the top of the peaks.

The Cable was tough, beautiful and very rewarding. Exactly what I was hoping for!

It was hard hiked but good for cardio and of course it's always beautiful to be out.

The hike was very good. Ideal for a 2.5-3 hour hike up and back down. The end is a bit steep, but overall a very good hike.

Boring... Crowded

Best hike to train for The Enchantments. Very steep and a lot of loose rocks.

I was a very exhausting hike and a workout.

Steep uphill, took the switchbacks coming down since it was dark but we all had headlamps. Used for marathon strength training.