Preston Trail (West Tiger 1 Trail)

Preston Trail (West Tiger 1 Trail) is a 8.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, WA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Forested, steep trail following ridge line to view from West Tiger #1

Parked by the Tent City. Trails were poorly marked, dense over growth, not very impresive views. We made it to "POO TOP POINT" or something, which was a road with a fenced off radio tower and building at the top. Saw 3 people over the 9 mile hike that day, so it was quiet which was the only bonus. Saw a black-tail deer too. Going up was tough, especially at the end. I forgot my phone at home so I don't have gps data to share, it wouldn't look like the one on here.

My wife and I hiked to West Tiger Mountain No. 1 from High Point Trailhead. The trailhead is now shared with Tent City 4. We hiked Lingering Trail, Tiger Mountain Trail, Railroad Grade, Preston Trail, Bypass Trail to Hiker's Hut View Point. The Bypass Trail is partially blocked by a massive blowdown. We walked on logs and my wife fell and scraped her leg. We had lunch at Hiker's Hut and moved on to West Tiger 2 via the service road. We descended via West Tiger 2 Trail, Tiger Mountain Trail, and High Point Trail back to High Point Trailhead.

Makes for an amazing hike, especially when linked with West Tiger Two, Three, or East Tiger. It is just far enough out that not too many people go here. Most people go to West Tiger Three for some reason, it is definitely the least fun of the three west peaks. The trails are well marked but still adventurous. Hikers Hut can be found near the peak and features an amazing view of Mt. Rainier and the surrounding area.