Weatherwax Trail

Weatherwax Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ocean Shores, WA that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I like this trail very much. I hiked it multiple times because it's so close to my house. It's perfect for a relaxing walk.

Trail was a fun little hike! Super Easy! Even found a little spot to sit down and have a picnic by the lake!!

Ok trail. Saw 2 deer

Nice short little hike. Fairly even trails.

It's a beautiful trail.

This little trail felt like a hidden world in the middle of town. Very easy, well worn, flat trail. Great walk/hike after breakfast or before lunch.

A great little trail if you just want to get a small hike in. Nothing to crazy about it, but for some reason it just feels great and like another world from the crowds.

this trail is like a fairy realm, all mossy trees and leafy bowers. There are a couple of lovely benches along the way and some nice look-outs over the water. Plus, dogs (on leashes) welcome.

My wife and I have been coming to Ocean Shores every Feburary for 10 years now and have always wanted to walk on the Weatherwax Trail. We finally did today and boy have we been missing out. First, this trail is a lot longer than 1/2 mile, If you walk the whole trail, in and out all of the trail branches, I would guess it's closer to 1 1/2 or even close to 2 miles. We spent 2 hrs walking along the trail today. The sun was out and would shine through from time to time making an amazing view. The views of Duck Lake along the main N/S straight away are very cool, but in my opinion, the best part was walking along E/W side trails. This is where all of the elevation gain/loss takes place and where you get to walk over fallen trees, under low branches and up/down steep hills. It was hard to believe that on the Ocean Shores peninsula which is pretty flat sandy land that this true forest was just in the middle of it all. This is a must do, but don't avoid the E/W trails. NOTE: One of the side trails from the parking lot to just before the Northern most bench, we could not find (between main entrance and first bench) and the entrance by the parking lot was totally overgrown. did not walk that part.