Umtanum Creek Falls Trail

Umtanum Creek Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Selah, WA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a 1 mile point-to-point trail, making 2 miles total (unsure why AllTrails's automated system says 3.6 miles). The trail meanders by a stream through aspen, birch and pine groves until it reaches a small basalt column cirque with a waterfall. Best in spring, but doable in all but the dead of winter.

Awsome!

Easy trail to the top of the falls. A little sketchy getting to the bottom. Not much to see on the way in but very pretty falls and little pool at the bottom. Enjoyed it very much.

Walked the trail on 11/06/16. a very pretty and easy trail was muddy at times and had some trouble jumping over the creek at certain points then again could just be the season. Didn't realize you need a wa park pass or day pass forgot to bring mine thankfully no patrols out but did see a couple people to the trail not overly crowded

Great hike to take young kids and the grandparents. It's a small hike that is still beautiful for all levels of hikers!

More of a nice walk then a hike. But SOOOOO worth it. It was hands down one of the most peaceful and beautiful places I've seen in a while.
Be prepared for bugs, and LOTS of them. The brush is a little over grown, so some long pants and a long shirt I would recommend. I was also glad I brought a walking stick as there is some muddy areas. Didn't see any snakes but lots of burrow holes, that something lives in. Totally a place I would recommend, but I won't cause it doesn't seem to be heavily trafficked, and that's how I like it. Only saw 2 other people as I was leaving.

Easy and pretty quick! Leads to the falls which is really beautiful. You can scramble down to the bottom, which is a little trickier. We went swimming in the water and it was **freezing.** we also saw a giant owl!

Beautiful and easy

Nice trail and very scenic along the way.
We did not go all the way to the bottom but was still worth looking over the top.
We ran across a snake near the falls too; which we enjoyed watching.

Easy and fun. Small but quaint waterfall and soothing surrounding area.

Super easy hike, and so beautiful!

DO THIS HIKE! Super easy and great payoff. It's easy to find from Yakima and very close to ellensburg. I brought my dog and he loved it. It's so short and easy you don't need to pack a lunch, but definitely wear bug spray because there are many ticks and mosquitos.

My first complaint is that the dirt road leading to the trail is extremely long. I personally don't mind but my Ford Focus, Eleanor, struggled with the rough terrain. My only other negative comment is that the trail was highly populated.
Otherwise, this trail was a SOLID 4 out of 5. Reasons being, the hike was well shaded by the lush woods. The dense shrubbery attracted many species of butterflies and the waterfall, was simply breathtaking.
M.K. desperately wanted to jump from the waterfall into the pool below but was stopped by her hiking companion, M.A. He feared it was too dangerous. They compromised for a swim in the pool. M.A. risked it all as he elegantly dived into the alluring waters. To both of their surprise the water was cold af. They quickly exited. They continue to adventure onward. The duo freelanced some nearby rocks hoping to discover a spectacular view. A spectacular view they did find. As the sunset, your heroes ventured back to Eleanor.

P.S. - Actually a 4.5/5

- M.K. M.A.

Lovely, easy hike to a waterfall in the middle of the desert. The Umtanum/Manastash area is very dry overall, but this canyon is lush and filled with aspens, birches, and ponderosa pines. The trail is best in spring, as in autumn the creek is a bit dry.