EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Twin Falls Trail

Twin Falls Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, WA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Enjoy an easy hike through the Cascade foothills to a beautiful set of waterfalls, only 30 minutes from downtown Seattle This popular trail follows the South Fork of the Snoqualmie River through the rainforests along the western edge of the Cascade Mountains. The trail provides spectacular views of Twin Falls. Most people park at the Twin Falls Trailhead located off of Exit 34 on I-90. A little over a mile from the trailhead, a set of stairs descends to a viewpoint of the Lower Falls as they plunge over a 150 foot cliff. Hike another quarter mile to a bridge that spans the narrow Twin Falls canyon. From the bridge you can see several plunge pools of the Upper Falls upstream and the edge of the Lower Falls downstream. Less than a quarter mile from the bridge is a view of the Upper Falls from above. Most visitors turn around at this point as the trail starts climbing steeply. Those hearty enough to continue will find that, the trail intersects with the John Wayne Pioneer Trail in a little under a mile. The John Wayne Pioneer Trail is a 108 mile long trail that follows the old Chicago-Milwaukee-St. Paul-Pacific Railroad from Cedar Falls to Vantage. Hike east along the Pioneer Trail for a quarter mile to reach the Olallie State Park Homestead Valley Trailhead (located off I-90 Exit 38).

Well maintained hiking trail, family and dog friendly. Decent parking lot with toilets at trailhead. Great workout, mostly a incline with switchbacks, yet moderate for all skill levels. Beautiful view of the waterfalls. Several viewing areas. Love this hike, plan on hiking it again.

confusing on when the hike ended for the falls, would be better if there were signs to say it continues on to the iron horse trail

Very nice hike! There are multiple view points to see the falls. Relatively easy and fun!

Very easy, heavily traveled, but well worth the view.

So I did this hike back in May and I ended up having to park about a mile away from the trail head because of how many people decided to hit the trail on the same day. If you're going to to this hike, I highly recommend you going early in the morning. Although the falls are GORGEOUS, the hike is just not worth it when the trail is packed with people and you're literally stepping on peoples ankles because everyone is packed together like sardines and really close to each other. The falls are worth 5 stars, but I am rating it a 3 because it was just too busy.

Suuuuuper easy. Albeit very pretty area it felt like a mile walk by the river with a couple inclines. My friend and I got to the upper part of the falls (the bridge) and kept walking for another mile at least because we felt it couldn't be the end before we realized we were next to a freeway and turned around. Even with that add on we were done with the whole thing in 90 minutes and weren't tired at all. I would def call this a trail and not a hike. The viewpoint was very pretty though

This was a nice hike for our family of 3 boys. The grade was just challenging enough for our youngest 3-year-old. If you stay on the trail you don't really get very close to the falls which was a bit disappointing. My biggest issue with this hike was the crowd. We arrived just before lunch on a Sunday and the parking lot was full and overflowing down the street. The trail was so crowded that several times we got stuck behind a traffic jam of hikers. If you don't like crowds, stay away from this trail or try an early morning on a weekday.

Was challenging after doing Rattlesnake Ledge a couple days prior. Definitely felt the burn and we were carrying the kids. The falls was worth the easy trek. Took about 2hrs roundtrip. Wasn't too busy when we started @ 9:30 but was once we left (around 11:30).

This was a quick and easy hike. Not a walk in the park but very easy for someone that doesn't hike often. Beautiful view of the fall at the top. Lots of people, kids and dogs.

I only give this a 4 star because if it wasn't for me to find a secret way to go to the bottom of the waterfall, you would have just seeing it from high up above. It's a short hike and overall very pretty! Recommended it if ur looking for something short abs quick.

It was good! Just coming off a knee injury, and this was a good challenge! Beautiful spots that overlook the river and the falls.

My family loved this hike, me and the hubby are a little out of shape so this was a great starter hike for us. Some great inclines but some even better views. This one was a great hike and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Easy low elevation trail 1.6 from trailhead to the falls.

The hike itself was nice. We made the mistake of starting it off near the Iron Horse trailhead;which meant we walked for about 1.5hours before finding the end/start of the trail. It was very mild heading in, but by the end,all of the gravel made it hard for those of us hoping for an "easy hike. I definitely recommend parking at the other parking lot instead of near rattlesnake ridge. I am hoping that clear directions are updated onto the state trails websites for those new to the area.