Trout Lake and Jack's Ridge Loop Trail

Trout Lake and Jack's Ridge Loop Trail is a 12.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until November.

Take Icicle Road west to the Jack Creek Trailhead, located near Rock Island Campground.

The trail was unmanaged and still a little snowy. In fact, it was so snowy we couldn't even make it to the lake.

This was a very special hike for me. Not because of any one spectacular view. Not for the ungroomed, sometimes muddy trail &lots of downed trees. Not because it was bug-less, because I came home with twice as many mosquito bites as miles hiked!!. It was because I shared this hike with someone who introduced me to the love of hiking about 40 years ago. The joy of mountain hiking. The peacefulness that encompasses you, the natural beauty that surrounds you, the fresh air that fills your lungs with each trekked mile. I was given a special gift that day, a gift that I plan on passing along. Good day. Good hike!